Wanezek, Jaekels, Daul & Babcock, S.C. Attorneys at Law — Founded 1908

Practice News

Real Estate


Action for Specific Performance

There may be a situation wherein an agreement to purchase real estate has been properly reduced to writing yet one party chooses or refuses to convey title to the property.  This commonly happens in several circumstances.  The most frequent is a circumstance where the seller learns that he or she has agreed to sell the real estate below its value and becomes aware he could get a greater purchase price from a separate buyer and thus decides not to close the transaction.  If you are the buyer you are not without remedies.  You may bring a lawsuit under Wisconsin law for “Specific Performance.”  That is where you ask the courts to order the Seller complete the sale or convey title to you by judicial order.   If you find yourself in this situation, the legal process will require the assistance of a competent legal professional.  You may be able to recover additional damages depending on your situation as a part of your legal claim.  Attorney Daul is prepared to assist you with the process.  Please contact him directly at (920)217-1240. 

Tags: real estate

Action For Private Nuisance and Trespass.

People are often unaware of where their own property lines are.   There is even the circumstance where people actually build or erect structures on a portion of land that does not belong to them under the mistaken belief that they are building on their own property.  Examples can include fences or pole buildings.  In some rare occasions even more substantial structures such as garages or home additions.   When this circumstance arises the builder is often reluctant to remove the structure because of the cost and because, in their view “what is it hurting?”   In this unfortunate situation arises with a “bad neighbor” you are not without remedy.  Wisconsin has several statutory causes of action that form the basis for a civil lawsuit to force the offending party to remove the structure.  In addition you must ask the court for an injunction and most likely claim also the intentional torts of Trespass and Nuisance.  All of which come with their own categories of damages.  This type of lawsuit is often very complex and you will need an experienced attorney to assist you through the process.  Please contact Attorney David Daul at (920)437-8191 for a detailed consultation. 

Tags: real estate

Buying or Selling - We've Got You Covered

HouseAs we enter Spring families begin their search for a new home and homeowners begin thinking about downsizing or increasing the size of their homes.  This means more houses on the market, many of them, ”For Sale By Owner”.  If you find a house that is being sold by the owner, who will help you with your paperwork?  Who will look out for your best interests?  The purchase of a home is the largest purchase a person will make in their lives, don’t take a chance that all will be in your favor.

Our attorneys are well versed on real estate, both the buying and the selling side of the transaction.

Tags: selling buying real estate

Obtain Legal Help You Can Rely On

To get in touch with one of our attorneys about your case, call our firm at (920) 437-8191 or fill out the form below.