Wanezek, Jaekels, Daul & Babcock, S.C. Attorneys at Law — Founded 1908

Wage Claims

Green Bay, Wisconsin employees have the right to file a wage claim with the Equal Rights Division if there is a dispute with the employer in the amount of wages owed, or if an employer fails to pay the wages agreed upon for the time actually worked.  You would be well served to retain legal counsel experienced with employment law to assist you in such claims.

If the employer refuses to pay wages earned on the regular established payday, the employee should request payment. If the employee doesn’t receive the payment after 6 days, the employee may file a claim with the State within 2 years of the date earned.

Once a claim is filed, the department will seek to resolve the matter with the employer.  This process often results in substantial production of materials that may be useful in litigation later on.  You have the right to bring these claims in court before, during or after the states investigation.  There are statutes that increase the damages available substantially if you use the State’s administrative processes first.

The Division may take action on the following types of wage claims:

  • Salaries
  • Commissions
  • Holiday Pay
  • Vacation Pay
  • Severance Pay
  • Dismissal Pay
  • Bonuses
  • Illegal Deductions
  • Supplemental unemployment compensation benefits when required under a binding collective bargaining agreement,
  • Other similar advantages agreed upon between the employer and the employee,
  • Other similar advantages provided by the employer to his employees as an established policy.

If you are a Green Bay area employee and believe you may have a wage claim, you will need an attorney experienced in Wisconsin employment and labor law.  Consult with Attorney David Daul of Wanezek & Jaekels.  You may contact him directly at (920)437-8191, or submit your question using our online Contact Form.